Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Weekend


So I got to stay with my sister and her family for 2 nights this weekend while Mike and Graham hung out back home. I must admit that I actually got sleepy driving the 3.5 hour drive there by myself. I can't remember a car ride being that quiet and peaceful since before I was a mommy. It was pretty relaxing. I really enjoyed getting to see and spend some time at Leigh and Cory's house. They are doing such a great job adjusting to having a bigger family with Brynn being the newest addition this last month. It did bring back memories of how big of an adjustment becoming Graham's mommy was for me the first few months after we brought him home. I'm not sure how it is by the time you have your third, but there are still things that have to shift a little especially when there are other kids involved. All three of those kids are so special though. Each one of them has their own personality full of life and wonderment. I am very blessed to have them in my life.
I missed Graham and Mike so much though...even for just 2 nights. While I was gone they had their own adventures which included buying a bicycle trailer off Craig's list, then realizing our bikes aren't compatible for the trailer, buying an extra attachment at Walmart for it, testing it out in the neighborhood, having some minor issues with it and having to basically push it on the side while peddling your own bike back to the house while getting a flat tire! Graham also got his flu shot and was a real trooper with no fussing really. They had a boy's night Saturday and ate yummy Papa John's pizza where Graham ate 3 whole slices and probably would have eaten more if Daddy didn't cut him off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers