Monday, October 5, 2009

Diapers and Veggie Booty

Okay, calling all moms who are struggling to get their kids to eat vegetables! My friend Shannon share a bag of Veggie Booty with me to give Graham to try and honestly the first time I introduced them to him, he wouldn't try them. After a few days, I offered them again and he almost devoured the entire bag. He really likes them now! I've been having a hard time getting him to try veggies, so at least with this I know he's getting some! I think the cheapest place to buy them would be off the internet, I'm about to place an order on amazon.com. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FF9DVM) I did see them in Babies R Us today, but I know they were more expensive. Also, I've been pureeing some veggies last week (carrots and brocoli) and starting to come up with creative ways to 'hide' them or incorporate them in meals. Tonight I'm making taco soup and thought about putting some pureed carrots in their as well. This helps me too since I'm not a big vegetable eater either. BTW, I didn't come up with that either! I heard about it from a cookbook written by Jessica Seinfeld before I was pregnant with Graham. I'm thinking about getting my own copy though. Her book is called 'Deceptively Delicious.' http://www.deceptivelydelicious.com/site/

I am always looking for ways to save money and will probably share some of our family finds from time to time. I keep a stash of baby item coupons in a ziploc bag in my purse just in case I run across a good deal somewhere. I have a pretty good bit of Huggie diaper coupons right now that I've gotten off the internet, the Sunday paper, or from Huggie home mailers. Today I was at Babies R Us to specifically purchase diapers since they are running a Huggie and Pamper diaper special with a $5 coupon for each value sized diaper purchase. They good thing about store coupons is you can combine them with manufacturer coupons (my purse stash!). So today I bought one value sized box of Huggie diapers and used my store coupons for $5 off and then used a handful of $2 off mfg coupons to get my price down fairly low. BTW, this is the only store that I know of that will let you use more than one mfg coupon on a single transaction... in other words, I don't think there is a limit on how many coupons you can use. If you know of another place, let me know! I know Target and Walmart won't let you. So really that is a pretty good deal on diapers. So this is just a FYI for those of you buying lots of diapers and don't purchase them at bulk stores like Sams or Costco. I'd encourage you start looking for coupons on the internet, in the paper, and by signing up on websites. I think it has paid off for me to do the extra research on saving some money on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers