Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tired Tantrums


I picked Graham up from MDO yesterday and his red hair was kinky and sweaty because they had just woken him up. He slept for 20 minutes at school and he was still pretty tired. He was so sweet and cozy on the way home in his car seat. I tried to lay him down once we got home knowing he could use the extra rest. He played for awhile in his bed until I finally got him up knowing he wasn’t going to sleep anymore. His Aunt Jamie had given him a Halloween bag full of goodies at the reunion that had things we don’t usually have in the house. I gave him some of the peach gerber treats. Well he couldn’t get enough of them and so to avoid feeding him all of them to him in a sitting I gave him some other things along with it that he usually likes just fine. Well not yesterday. He proceeded to throw a tantrum about it…throwing everything off his picnic table and crying hysterically. Anytime I tried to get on his level and talk to him, he screamed and flailed even louder. I chose to ignore him until he could gain control over himself…which took a long time. I actually wet upstairs, grabbed some ear plugs for my ears, came back where he was and just emptied our dishwasher while he screamed. I felt so bad because I knew he was SOOO tired, but I didn’t want to give in to his tantrum either. Finally he calmed down and we went for a very long walk outside in his wagon. We stopped briefly at the playground and then came back home.

On a good note- he had his "best day in chapel" at Mother's Day Out
and our neighbors, Alicia & Trenton came over and played for a little bit too :)

1 comment:

Followers