Friday, December 4, 2009

Been a While...


We've had a lot going on since my last post!


  • Graham got the first round of the H1N1 vaccine.

  • Mike's step-dad, Kenny, passed away the Friday before Thanksgiving after a long battle with Alzheimer's...so we were in & out of Tyler with family for a few days...especially Mike. That's been crazy in itself.

  • Worked in the church nursery with the babies.

  • All 3 of us got bit by the yucky stomach bug right after that and before we headed to Shreveport for Thanksgiving...which we may or may not have given to the majority of our family (even though we thought we were well!)

  • I slept in the same room with Graham for the first time when we were at Mom & Dad's house because he was having a hard time sleeping away from home.

  • Had our Thanksgiving meal at my parents house which I believe is the first time we've done that since we've been married.

  • Got my Christmas cards completed and partially mailed.

  • Had dinner with my best friend, Beki and her family in Shreveport. It has been a very long time since I've seen her last!

  • Booked Graham's 2nd birthday party which isn't until January!
Wow, that was a lot of stuff! It's officially cold here now and our daily walks with Graham and his red wagon are fewer and far between. I'm trying to come up with things to entertain all of us while we are cozy indoors. It isn't easy! He is definitely into everything now and trying to push more boundaries with us. He is so curious and inquisitive! I love that part about him though. He's saying a few more words, "black, kick, cool, cracker" - these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Today, I'll be cleaning, cleaning, and cleaning...and then re-organizing a few things in the house because we are having my sweet friend, Alicia's babies' shower at my house in the morning. I am excited to celebrate the upcoming arrival of her precious babies- Cameron and Sophia. They truly are sweet miracle gifts from God that bring a smile to my face even though I've not met them yet.
Oh and Mike and I are planning a date for Saturday night! That is always huge for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers