Saturday, December 5, 2009

Babysitting Diaries


Mike has really wanted to have a date night for a while now and we finally set one up! One day while Graham and I were out walking on the other side of our neighborhood I met a young girl and her mom. The 15 year old daugher babysits so we arranged for her to stay at our house for a few hours while we went to see the new movie'The Blind Side'. All she really had to do was put Graham to bed and then sit and watch t.v. She was so sweet and really enjoyed seeing Graham when she came over so I showed her how to take him up to his room and put him to bed and then we left the house. We got home after the movie around 10:30 and Chennel told me that he had only been asleep for about 30 minutes. My immediate reaction was 'what?!?' First of all, most of you know that Graham is in bed by 7:30 each night and asleep by 8, so 10pm is late for our Bud. She told me that he kept trying to escape his crib and that was it. I walked upstairs and noticed she had left his light on and that his floor fan that is used for white noise was turned to heat and blasting out on high. Graham was snoring with his head buried under his bumper to shut out the light from his face. He didn't hear me come in his room and rearrange things back to normal. I surely thought I had told her to turn off his light before putting him to bed, but maybe I didn't. Either way his light was on and I understand why he had a hard time going to sleep. Yes, I was irritated at first thinking, 'who doesn't turn off the light?', but Mike settled me down and helped me see that it really wasn't a big deal. Funny thing is - we are going to use her again to babysit on Friday the 18th! Let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers