Thursday, January 14, 2010

A 2 Year Old?!!


Graham is having his 2nd Birthday party this Saturday morning and it is exciting around our house! I’ll be honest- I’m trying to make sure things all turn out ‘perfectly’, but I’m also trying to let go of some of the control of it all too. Otherwise it will consume my mind and that is something I’m working on in my life anyway! We have invited some family and a few of his ‘little’ friends to a jump house that he has taken advantage of this year. It has been a life saver to take him there to play when we needed a reason to get out of the house. It should be fun…the biggest decisions left are: food and balloons J I’m also crossing my fingers that his party favors (cutest little soaps!) get here today or tomorrow!
Every day this week has been busy with organizing, cleaning, and building new things. Last Friday we had our new bed and dining room table (and chairs) delivered to our house. Every day since has kept Mike especially busy with building up and tearing down things to make room for new things. We sold our old glass topped Pier 1 dining room table on ebay finally so it was great to get that out of the house. Mike put together Graham’s train table and train set last night since there is room for it in the dining room now. Our old bed is currently disassembled in our ‘office area’ awaiting us to make a decision on what to do with all the parts. More than likely the mattress and box springs will have to be stored in our garage temporarily…which will require more organizing! I’ve been impressed with all the little projects Mike has gotten done in the house this week- fixing the alarm systems and building a shelf to hold our DVR system above our tv- just to name a few.
Leigh and the kids will be here tomorrow so I’ll be hitting the grocery store to stock up on some necessities for their stay and maybe I’ll find some time to make some homemade bread.
This weekend will be busy and fun too! I’m looking forward to seeing the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers