Wednesday, February 10, 2010

OKLAHOMA!


Mike and I are involved in a Friday night Home Group that meets twice a month. The leaders, Howard & Myrna Olsen, invited a few couples from this group to join them on two night get away last weekend to Beaver's Bend, Oklahoma. My immediate reaction was 'No' since Mike and I've never taken a trip just the three of us together (unless you count our family visits) much less with a group of friends. I've been very fearful of unknown situations when it comes to stepping out and trying new things with Graham. I have gotten comfortable with the way things are because I can basically predict our daily routines together and that feels great to me! The more we entertained the thought of going on the 4 hour drive there and staying with four other couples in one big cabin, the more fearful it became. Myrna encouraged us to come and so we both decided to push through that fear...strongly understanding that that was a tool that satan was using to paralyze us. So we went and it really couldn't have gone any better! It seriously was a great weekend and Graham did fabulous! He slept in the room with Mike and I and it turned out to be just fine. The attached picture is of us hiking along a trail in the nearby park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers